Fall is in the air…except if you live here in Los Angeles! Regardless wherever you are you can enjoy the food that represents the season giving you a real sense of warmth and an excuse to eat some really healthy comfort foods! These are vegan and super delicious! If you decide to throw in a few grain sweetened chocolate chips at the last minute you can make them extra special and have a real dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups blended cooked pumpkin or other winter squash (can put in ½ c water to start the blending process if necessary)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. powdered cloves
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 TBS. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or other nut of choice
- ¼ - ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 325. While it is preheating, prepare muffin tray and mix batter in the following way: Thoroughly cream together first 7 ingredients. Sift next 4 ingredients on top of the creamed pumpkin ingredients in order listed and quickly mix together thoroughly. Fill muffin cups almost to the top of cup and sprinkle with sucanat. Bake at 325 for 20 - 25 minutes; test to see if done – toothpick inserted in center of muffin should come out clean. Makes 2 dozen normal size muffins.
- If you decide to throw in a few grain sweetened chocolate chips at the last minute you can make them extra special and have a real dessert!
Post a Reply to Genesis cancel