Here are five simple tips that you can use to help identify problems your skin may be telling you.
1. Vertical fine lines = dehydration. Increase not only water intake but also eat more fresh whole foods for proper cell hydration. Omega’s are also essential for glowing skin. Find a high quality supplement and try to take them at the same time daily and/or make sure and eat foods high in Omega’s such as flaxseed, walnuts, chia seeds or hemp seeds among many more.
2. Breakouts on chest & or forehead = stress. Stress sets off a cascade of inflammation, which is the root of all disease. When you’re stressed you feel Dis-‐‑ease, don’t you? Breathe deep, slow your mind & schedule some time for yourself to relax & rejuvenate. Your skin and entire body will thank you.
3. Breakouts on cheeks & or jawline = diet/digestion issues. Time to cleanse and clean up your diet. Choose foods that are alkalizing like greens, start your day with a warm cup of lemon water & eat mostly raw whole foods.
4. Skin feels rough to the touch = cell build up. Exfoliation is key. Alternating with exfoliants that act in a chemical manner (e.g. glycolic or lactic acid) with exfoliants that act in a mechanical manner (e.g. gentle scrubs, exfoliating beads) 3-‐‑6 times per week will smooth you out in no time.
5. Dry & oily combination skin = unbalanced. Unbalanced skin is unhappy skin. Now is a good idea to get a professional facial reevaluate your skin care program. Skin changes with age & with the seasons and is very revealing to what is going on inside your body. For optimal skin health it is best to have a facial every 4-‐‑6 weeks, but at the very least every season.