Nourishment’s Top Ten!
- Hydrate! Start your day with that glorious H2O! Think of it as bathing your cells and cleansing your colon.
- Drink Green Juice! It’s so incredibly nutrient dense and fabulous for you! Instant energy.
- Eat alkaline foods! Mother Earth made them herself! In a beautiful array of colors too! Keep your plate colorful!
- Chew Your Food! Chew each bite at least 20 times. Digestion begins in the mouth; enzymes in your saliva start the process. Help your digestive system by chewing your food well!
- Eat whole grains vs. refined grains. Choose brown over white! Quinoa, brown rice, barley and more.
- Exercise! Move that tushie! Make it fun! Join a friend! Hike, yoga, swim, dance! Whatever floats your boat!
- Cut back on sweets. No refined, meaning white, sugar. Choose maple syrup, agave, honey, dates or stevia instead.
- Get your zzzzz’s. Regular sleep is a must! This is when your body regenerates and heals itself.
- Quiet time. Find even 5 minutes of quiet during the day and reflect on what you are grateful for.
- Balance work and fun! All work no play creates stress, and stress creates an acidic body, which in turn is a breeding ground for disease. Make time for relaxation and fun!
About Nourishment’s Founder, Victoria Dodge: After a long successful career in photography, with 5 books published, Victoria has transitioned into not only being a successful photographer but a health and wellness expert. She has been practicing and living a plant based lifestyle with her family for over 6 years. She has been mentored and inspired by some of today’s health pioneers and continues to share her wealth of knowledge that covers a wide range of topics from cleansing to vegan and raw culinary arts. Victoria teaches group classes open to the public and private consultations all year round. www.nourishmentnow.com