Summer is upon us and what better time to grab a book, hit the beach and get inspired! Here is a list of our favorite books!
- Diet For A New America by John Robbins- Diet for a New America is a startling examination of the food we currently buy and eat in the United States, and the astounding moral, economic, and emotional price we pay for it. A must read!
- Lick The Sugar Habit by Nancy Appleton- Appleton shows how sugar upsets body chemistry and devastates the endocrine and immune systems, to result in a host of diseases and conditions-from tooth decay to diabetes to osteoporosis.
- Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr- Infused with her signature sass, wit and advice-from-the-trenches style, Crazy Sexy Diet is a beautifully illustrated resource that puts you on the fast track to vibrant health and happiness. Along with help from her posse of experts, Kris Carr lays out the fundamentals of her Crazy Sexy Diet: a low-glycemic, vegetarian program that emphasizes balancing the pH of the body with lush whole and raw foods, nourishing organic green drinks, and scrumptious smoothies. Plus, she shares the steps of her own twenty-one-day cleanse, and simple but delectable sample recipes.
- Crazy Sexy Kitchen by Kris Carr and Chad Sarno- Crazy Sexy Kitchen gives readers all the tools and know-how needed to adopt a joyful and vibrant Crazy Sexy Diet and Lifestyle.
- Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who’ve Lived the Longest by Dan Buettner- A long healthy life is no accident. It begins with good genes, but it also depends on good habits. If you adopt the right lifestyle, experts say, chances are you may live up to a decade longer. So what’s the formula for success? National Geographic Explorer Dan Buettner has lead teams of researchers across the globe to uncover the secrets of Blue Zones—geographic regions where high percentages of centenarians are enjoying remarkably long, full lives.
- Live Raw by Mimi Kirk- Learn how anyone at any age can improve their health and looks. LIVE RAW will show beginners how to include more raw foods in their diet or will help those already following a raw food lifestyle how create more dishes that will help you stay on the path. You will find stories about me, beauty tips, health tips, detoxifying plan, and lots of ideas on how to live a happy, healthy long life.
- The Beauty Detox Foods by Kimberly Snyder- Most recipe books just teach you how to make food. This book will transform the way you live your life. Beauty Detox Foods will explain the top 50 beauty foods for every beauty issue (acne, undereye circles, limp hair, dull skin, plus more)— and then helps you combine and these beauty foods masterfully into delicious meals.
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll- The incredible true story of the author’s remarkable transformation, at the age of 40, from out-of-shape average Joe into one of the world’s best endurance athletes.
- Superfood Smoothies by Julie Morris- Everyone loves smoothies—and this is the ultimate smoothie book, written by Julie Morris, author of Superfood Kitchen and a superfood expert! Morris whips up 100 nutrient-rich recipes using the world’s most antioxidant-, vitamin- and mineral-packed foods, and offers innovative culinary methods for making your smoothies incredibly nutritious and delicious. Whether you’re looking for an energy boost, seeking a gentle cleanse, or just trying to get healthy, you’ll be inspired to power up the blender!
- Everyday Raw Desserts by Matthew Kenney-Everyday Raw Desserts combines Matthew Kenney’s fresh recipes and sense of style to create fabulous all-raw desserts. Matthew is well known and respected in the raw food world. The book includes an abundance of recipes not typically expected to be raw such as cakes, pies, puddings, and flans to brownies, candy, cookies, and ice cream.